2020 Accessible Western Mediterranean Group Cruise
Join us on this incredible Escorted Accessible Mediterranean Cruise!
Escorted by a Sage Traveling Accessible Travel Expert, you’ll travel with a group of adventurous disabled travelers and experience several beautiful ports throughout the picturesque Mediterranean. In each port, you’ll have the opportunity to experience full-day accessible excursions – much different from the short see-the-city-through-a-bus-window tours the cruise lines offer. These tours will include accessible transfers, interior visits to accessible tourist attractions, wheelchair friendly routes, and private tour guides specialized in touring with disabled visitors.
Benefits of Group Cruising with Sage Traveling
- You will meet and share experiences with other disabled travelers!
- You are guaranteed an Accessible Balcony Cruise Cabin with wide doors, grab bars, roll-in showers, and extra space to navigate a wheelchair or mobility scooter
- You will experience Step-Free Routes on all shore excursions
- Day-at-Sea with time to rest, relax and enjoy the onboard amenities.
- Onboard Tour Leader (Sage Traveling Accessible Travel Specialist) will be there to ensure that you have a smooth, worry-free time throughout your trip.
- You will save money by traveling as a group versus independently!
Group Cruise Overview
- November 7th – 20th, 2020
- 12 nights cruise (Round-trip from Barcelona) + 1 Night pre-cruise stay in Barcelona
- Ship Name: The Celebrity Silhouette.
- Ports of Call: Barcelona (Spain) – Valencia (Spain) – Alicante (Spain) – Gibraltar (UK) – Malaga (Spain) – Provence (France) – Nice (France, no tour) – Florence/Pisa (Italy) – Rome (Italy) -Naples (Italy).
Ports of Call
- Enjoy an accessible walking/rolling tour in the heart of Valencia that includes the City Hall, notable cathedrals and the old city gates.
- Visit the glorious Valencia Cathedral and the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site, La Lonja de la Seda de Valencia.
- Visit the local market with time to shop for souvenirs and other local crafts.
- Visit the incredible Santa Faz Monastery, home to the Holy Veil relic.
- Enjoy a relaxing panoramic drive to soak in the beauty of Alicante.
- Explore the charming Alicante city center and visit the fascinating Museo Hogueras.
Gibraltar (Jerez de la Frontera)
- Enjoy an incredible visit to Winery Gonzalez Byass – Tio Pepe with wine and tapas tastings.
- Visit the charming city center of Jerez de la Frontera and see the impressive exterior of the Alcazar
- Stop at the vibrant Plaza del Arenal for a relaxing time with Spanish dessert and Coffee.
- Enjoy a fascinating walking/rolling tour in the heart of Malaga and see the glorious Malaga Cathedral, an impressive example of Renaissance and Baroque style architecture and was built between 1528 and 1782.
- Visit the incredible Picasso Museum
- Experience the charming Plaza de la Constitucion which has been a public space since the 15th century!
- Enjoy a full day excursion from the port of Marseilles to the charming village of Aix en Provence, the birthplace of the famous impressionist Paul Cézanne.
- Experience charming architecture, including impressive monuments, and embark on an enjoyable stroll in Vieil Aix, a pedestrian zone consisting of narrow streets in a labyrinth pattern.
- Visit other Provence highlights including the 17th century Town Hall, the Archbishop’s Palace and St Sauveur Cathedral.
- Visit the Renaissance city of Florence which is the current capital of Tuscany
- View the Ponte Vecchio, Michelangelo’s David, Florence’s Duomo cathedral, Piazza della Signoria, and more
- Learn about the banking of the Medici family, the start of the Renaissance, the early years of Michelangelo, the writing of Dante Alighieri and more
- Visit the ancient capital of the Roman Empire and the current capital of Italy
- View the Colosseum, the Vittorio Emmanuelle monument, the Sistine Chapel, and more
- Learn about the rise of the Roman Republic, the rule of the Roman Emperors, the work of the Renaissance masters like Michelangelo, the Vatican & the pope, and more
- Explore the famous archaeological site of Pompeii with fascinating ancient ruins.
- Enjoy a picturesque drive with photo stops along the breathtaking Amalfi Coast.
- Enjoy some free time for shopping and a delicious Italian lunch in the charming town of Sorrento.
*itineraries are subject to change.
Pre-Cruise Accessible Barcelona Package (Optional)
- Please note, your package includes 1 night pre-cruise stay in Barcelona at an accessible hotel. If you would like to extend your time in Barcelona with extra days to explore the city, additional days can be added at an additional cost. Extra days will include accessible accommodation in a 4 star, centrally located hotel and private accessible guided tours (walking, driving or both depending on length of your stay). Contact us for a separate quote.
- Accessible cruise cabins include wide doors, grab bars, roll-in showers, and extra space to navigate a wheelchair or mobility scooter.
- Step-free routes planned for all tours. Nevertheless, sidewalk construction can occur, so a portable ramp will be brought to overcome any unexpected steps/curbs.
- We are only using our top tour guides on these shore excursions….guides that have proven to be incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, and familiar with accessibility in their city
- In case your equipment breaks down, we will bring an additional rental mobility scooter
- Days-at-Sea means time to rest and relax
Cruise & Excursion Package Price
The 13 Night Accessible Western Mediterranean Group Cruise Package includes:
- Accessible balcony stateroom on the Celebrity Silhouette (12 nights)
- Cruise fare, port charges, gratuities, government taxes, and customs fees
- Meals onboard
- Meals onshore (lunch in accessible restaurants featuring local cuisine)
- Accessible transfer from the Barcelona airport to the Barcelona hotel
- Accessible transfer from Barcelona hotel to Barcelona Cruise terminal
- Accessible transfer from the Barcelona cruise terminal to the airport
- 1 Night pre-stay at centrally located Barcelona hotel (double occupancy)
- Private, in-depth accessible shore excursions led by expert local guides utilizing accessible vans (including drivers, gasoline, and tolls)
- Skip the Line VIP access to tourist attractions
- Sage Traveling tour director responsible for the smooth running of your holiday
The price of your Accessible Mediterranean Group Cruise Package $7260 per person
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Book now to take advantage of the early bird discounted price of $6534 per person. Offer expires 11/01/19. Don’t miss out on this great deal!
- There are only 8 accessible balcony cabins available. They will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Your spot is reserved by a non-refundable $500 deposit per person.
Contact Helen to reserve your spot!
*itineraries are subject to change.