2022 Baltic Cruise and 13 Night Accessible Grand Mediterranean Escorted Group Cruise
Join us on this 13 night Escorted Accessible Mediterranean Cruise for the vacation of a lifetime! We’ll be starting in Istanbul and finishing in Barcelona, visiting 9 unique, memorable destinations on our way.
Escorted by a Sage Traveling Accessible Travel Expert, you will travel with a group of adventurous disabled travelers and experience 9 beautiful ports throughout the picturesque Mediterranean. In each port, you’ll have the opportunity to experience full-day accessible excursions – much different from the short see-the-city-through-a-bus-window tours the cruise lines offer. These will include accessible transfers, interior visits to accessible tourist attractions, wheelchair friendly routes and private tour guides specialized in touring with disabled visitors.
Benefits of Group Cruising with Sage Traveling
- You will meet and share experiences with other disabled travelers!
- You are guaranteed an Accessible Cruise Cabin with wide doors, grab bars, roll-in showers, and extra space to navigate a wheelchair or mobility scooter
- You will experience Step-Free Routes on all shore excursions
- You will save money by traveling as a group versus independently
- 3 Days-at-Sea gives you plenty of time to rest, relax and enjoy the onboard amenities in between your excursions.
- Onboard Tour Leader (Sage Traveling Accessible Travel Specialist) will be there to ensure that you have a smooth, worry-free time throughout your trip.
Group Cruise Overview
- September 7-20, 2016
- 13 nights, Istanbul to Barcelona
- Ship Name: Celebrity Equinox Learn about the Celebrity Equinox cruise ship
- Ship features: Equinox Theatre, Canyon Ranch SpaClub, Gastrobar (comfort food and craft beer), Slush Bar, Lawn Club, Hot Glass Show, Silk Harvest Restaurant, and more
- Ports of Call: Istanbul (Turkey) – Ephesus (Turkey), Mykonos (Greece) – Athens (Greece) – Dubrovnik (Croatia) – Rome (Italy) – Florence/Pisa (Italy) – Nice (France) -Barcelona (Spain)
Ports of Call
- Visit the city of Istanbul (formerly Constantinople), the historical link between Europe and Asia
- View the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace & harem, Grand Bazaar, and more
- Learn about the importance of Constantinople and the Byzantine Empire through the Middle Ages, the Ottoman empire and its sultans, the current role of Turkey as a link between Europe and the Muslim world, and more
- Visit the ancient city of Ephesus, made famous by St. Paul’s “letter to the Ephesians”
- View the historic and well-preserved ruins of Ephesus, the House of the Virgin Mary, and more
- Learn about the significance of own of the largest cities in the Roman World, the cause of its fall, the final resting place of the Virgin Mary, and more
- Visit the popular Greek Isle of Mykonos and the ancient town of Chora
- View the white homes along the sea, “Little Venice”, the famous windmills, and more
- Learn about the seafaring life of the Ancient Greeks, the unique layout of the town of Chora, and more
- Visit the capital of ancient and modern Greece
- View the Parthenon & the Acropolis, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Syntagma Square, and more
- Learn about the strategic positioning of the Acropolis, the expansion of the Greek Empire, the Elgin Marbles, and more
- Discover why Dubrovnik is called the “Pearl of the Adriatic”
- Experience the Dubrovnik Walls, a Franciscan Monastery, the Rector’s Palace and much more
- Visit Old Town Dubrovnik and enjoy the architecture, shops, and landmarks of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visit the ancient capital of the Roman Empire and the current capital of Italy
- View the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Vittorio Emmanuelle monument, the Sistine Chapel, and more
- Learn about the rise of the Roman Republic, the rule of the Roman Emperors, the work of the Renaissance masters like Michelangelo, the Vatican & the pope, and more
- Visit the Renaissance city of Florence which is the current capital of Tuscany
- View the Ponte Vecchio, Michelangelo’s David, Florence’s Duomo cathedral, Piazza della Signoria, and more
- Learn about the banking of the Medici family, the start of the Renaissance, the early years of Michelangelo, the writing of Dante Alighieri and more
- Visit the popular French Riviera town of Nice
- View the Promenade des Anglais, the Old Town of Nice, the Place Garibaldi, and more
- Learn about the influences of France and Italy on the region, the tourism of the English upper classes in the 18th century, and more
- Visit the modernist city of Barcelona in Cataluña
- View the enormous Sagrada Familia cathedral, the famous Las Ramblas boulevard, the Barcelona Cathedral, the Gothic Quarter, and more
- Learn about the rise of Barcelona from a small village, the modernist artists including Gaudi, the 1992 Olympics, and more
Pre-Cruise Accessible Istanbul Package (optional)
- Includes 2 night accessible accommodation in a 4 star hotel, one and a half day accessible guided tour of the city, and an accessible transfer to the cruise port
- Over the one and half days, you will see sights like Topkapi Palace, the Grand Bazaar, the Basilica Cistern, and more.
Post-Cruise Accessible Barcelona Package (optional)
- Includes 2 night accessible accommodation in a 4 star hotel, an accessible guided tour of the city, and an accessible transfer from the cruise port
- On the first day, you will have free time to rest or explore using your Sage Accessibility Guide for Barcelona. Possibilities include the Picasso Museum, the food market, Olympic sights, and more.
- On the second day, you will have a full-day walking and driving tour to visit sights like Sagrada Familia, the Gothic Quarter, and Las Ramblas.
Group Cruise Details
- Accessible cruise cabins include wide doors, grab bars, roll-in showers, and extra space to navigate a wheelchair or mobility scooter Learn about the Celebrity Equinox cruise ship
- Step-free routes planned for all tours. Nevertheless, sidewalk construction can occur, so a portable ramp will be brought to overcome any unexpected steps/curbs.
- We are only using our top tour guides on these shore excursions….guides that have proven to be incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, and familiar with accessibility in their city
- In case your equipment breaks down, we will bring an additional rental mobility scooter
- Three Days-at-Sea means multiple days to rest and relax
The 13 Night Accessible Grand Mediterranean Group Cruise Package includes:
- Accessible balcony or suite stateroom on the Celebrity Equinox
- Cruise fare, port charges, government taxes, and customs fees
- Meals onboard
- Meals onshore (lunch in accessible restaurants featuring local cuisine)
- Accessible transfer from the Istanbul airport to the cruise terminal
- Accessible transfer from the Barcelona cruise terminal to the airport
- Private, in-depth accessible shore excursions led by expert local guides utilizing accessible vans (including drivers, gasoline, and tolls)
- Skip the Line VIP access to tourist attractions
- Tour director responsible for the smooth running of your holiday (Sage Traveling employee who specializes in South Europe)
- Travel insurance (medical and trip cancellation)
- A free martini tasting onboard because you are a part of the Sage Traveling group. It’s been a huge hit the past two years!
The price of your 13 Night Accessible Grand Mediterranean Group Cruise Package depends on a few factors. Contact us and we can give you an exact quote.
- Only 7 accessible balcony cabins are available. They will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Your spot is reserved by a $600 deposit per person. $150 is non-refundable. $450 is refundable if cancelled before June 1, 2016. Contact us to reserve your spot.
|Not now, but send me Accessible Travel Tips|