9 Night Accessible Greek Isles Group Cruise
Looking for an affordable and accessible way to visit the Greek islands? Join the 9 Night Accessible Greek Isles Group Cruise!
You will travel with a fun group of disabled travelers to share experiences in these 7 beautiful ports. After the cruise you can spend 4 days visiting the top attractions in Rome. The entire trip will be escorted by a Sage Traveling accessibility expert to make sure that everything runs smoothly!
In each port, you’ll have the opportunity to experience full-day accessible excursions….none of those 2 hour see-the-city-through-a-bus-window tours that the cruise lines offer! These will include interior visits to the accessible tourist attractions and accessible routes to get between them. You’ll also have lunch in accessible restaurants with authentic local cuisine.
Benefits of Group Cruising
- Meeting and sharing experiences with other disabled travelers…this was a huge benefit last year and 10 of the 15 participants are cruising together again this year!
- Onboard tour leader (Jennifer Meers, Sage Traveling specialist on Southern European accessible travel) to ensure smooth operation of your holiday
- A portable ramp will be brought to overcome any unexpected steps/curbs.
- Significant cost savings versus doing the same holiday independently
Group Cruise Overview
- 9 nights, Round-trip Rome, departs on October 3, 2015
- Ship Name: Royal Caribbean’s Rhapsody of the Seas
- Ship features: 2 pools including adults-only Solarium pool, Vitality Spa, Casino Royal, 8 bars and lounges, Chops Grille restaurant, Giovanni’s Italian Table restaurant, Izuma asian fusion restaurant, and more
- Ports of Call: ROME (Italy), CHANIA (Crete, Greece), MYKONOS (Greece), EPHESUS (Turkey), SANTORINI (Greece), ATHENS (Greece), and OLYMPIA (Greece)
Ports of Call
- Visit the ancient capital of the Roman Empire and the current capital of Italy
- View the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Vittorio Emmanuelle monument, the Sistine Chapel, and more
- Learn about the rise of the Roman Republic, the rule of the Roman Emperors, the work of the Renaissance masters like Michelangelo, the Vatican & the pope, and more
- Visit Crete, the largest of the Greek islands
- View the Market building, the Light House, the Turkish Mask, and more
- Learn about the one of the oldest civilizations in the world which existed here before Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome
- Visit the popular Greek Isle of Mykonos and the ancient town of Chora
- View the white homes along the sea, “Little Venice”, the famous windmills, and more
- Learn about the seafaring life of the Ancient Greeks, the unique layout of the town of Chora, and more
- Visit the ancient city of Ephesus, made famous by St. Paul’s “letter to the Ephesians”
- View the historic and well-preserved ruins of Ephesus, the House of the Virgin Mary, and more
- Learn about the significance of own of the largest cities in the Roman World, the cause of its fall, the final resting place of the Virgin Mary, and more
- Visit the capital of ancient and modern Greece
- View the Parthenon & the Acropolis, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Syntagma Square, and more
- Learn about the strategic positioning of the Acropolis, the expansion of the Greek Empire, the Elgin Marbles, and more
- Visit the site of the ancient Olympic games
- View the ruins of the olympic stadium, the Temple of Hera, the Temple of Zeus, the House of Nero, and more
- Learn about the construction of the historic buildings, the role that the games played in Ancient Greece, and more
Post-Cruise Accessible Rome Package (optional)
- Includes 4 night accessible accommodation in a 4 star hotel, 3 accessible guided tours, an accessible transfer to the airport, and the Sage Accessibility Guide for Rome.
- On the first day, you will visit the sights in the Centro Storico including the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, and Trevi Fountain. Narration will be provided by your local professionally-trained tour guide.
- On the second day, you will visit the Ancient Rome sights including the Colosseum and Roman Forum with a local tour guide using an accessible tour route.
- One the third day, you will visit the Vatican including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica with a local tour guide using an accessible tour route.
Group Cruise Details
- Accessible cruise cabins include wide doors, grab bars, roll-in showers, and extra space to navigate a wheelchair or mobility scooter
- Step-free routes planned for all tours. A portable ramp will be brought to overcome any unexpected steps/curbs.
- Accessible restaurants will be visited for all lunches
- Two Days-at-Sea means multiple days to rest and relax
The 9 Night Accessible Greek Isles Group Cruise Package includes:
- Accessible balcony or suite stateroom on Royal Caribbean’s Rhapsody of the Seas
- Cruise fare, port charges, government taxes, and customs fees
- Meals onboard
- Meals onshore (lunch in accessible restaurants featuring local cuisine)
- Accessible transfer from the Rome airport to the Civitavecchia cruise terminal
- Accessible transfer from the Civitavecchia cruise terminal to the Rome airport
- 5 in-depth accessible shore excursions led by expert local guides utilizing accessible vans (including drivers, gasoline, and tolls)
- Skip the Line VIP access to tourist attractions
- Tour director responsible for the smooth running of your holiday (Sage Traveling employee who specializes in South Europe)
- Travel insurance (medical and trip cancellation)
The price of your 9 Night Accessible Greek Isles Group Cruise Package depends on a few factors. Contact us and we can give you an exact quote.
- Only 7 accessible cabins are available. They will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Your spot is reserved by a $600 deposit per person. $150 is non-refundable. $450 is refundable if cancelled before May 1. Contact us to reserve your spot.
|Not now, but send me Accessible Travel Tips