10 Night Accessible Western Mediterranean Escorted Group Cruise
Join us on this 10 night Escorted Accessible Mediterranean Cruise for the vacation of a lifetime!
Escorted by a Sage Traveling Accessible Travel Expert, you’ll travel with a group of adventurous disabled travelers and experience several beautiful ports throughout the picturesque Mediterranean. In each port, you’ll have the opportunity to experience full-day accessible excursions – much different from the short see-the-city-through-a-bus-window tours the cruise lines offer. These will include accessible transfers, interior visits to accessible tourist attractions, wheelchair friendly routes and private tour guides specialized in touring with disabled visitors.
Benefits of Group Cruising with Sage Traveling
- You will meet and share experiences with other disabled travelers!
- You are guaranteed an Accessible Cruise Cabin with wide doors, grab bars, roll-in showers, and extra space to navigate a wheelchair or mobility scooter
- You will experience Step-Free Routes on all shore excursions
- You will save money by traveling as a group versus independently
- Days-at-Sea with time to rest, relax and enjoy the onboard amenities in between your excursions.
- Onboard Tour Leader (Sage Traveling Accessible Travel Specialist) will be there to ensure that you have a smooth, worry-free time throughout your trip.
Group Cruise Overview
- October 5th -15th, 2017
- 10 nights, Round-trip from Barcelona
- Ship Name: Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas.
- Ship features: 3D Theater, Art Gallery, Cupcake Cupboard, Vintages Wine Bar, Ice, Royal Promenade, Mini Golf Course, Water Park and much more.
- Ports of Call: Barcelona (Spain) – Cartagena (Spain), Ibiza (Spain) – Palma de Mallorca (Spain) – Provence (France) – Nice (Villefrance) – Florence/Pisa (Italy) – Rome (Italy) -Naples (Italy)
Ports of Call
- Enjoy a guided tour of the spectacular ancient Roman Theatre and Museum.
- Experience the Punic Wall of Cartagena, a fascinating archaeological site from the 3rd century BC.
- Visit a traditional local Winery for a tour and some private wine tasting with assortments of cheese and sobrasadas.
- Enjoy a memorable stroll through Dalt Vila, a fortified city developed around a castle.
- Visit small local markets and alleys and admire beautiful traditional handcrafts.
- Experience a private Ibizan Herb workshop with a master alchemist. You’ll learn about the production of the most famous liquor of Ibiza and do some mixing and tasting on your own.
Palma De Mallorca
- Visit and explore the city of Palma, the largest city of Mallorca and the capital of the Balearic Islands.
- Experience the magnificent Catalonian Gothic Cathedral “La Seu”, the burial place of Kings of Mallorca, Gaudi artwork inside the Cathedral, the Palma de Mallorca City Hall, the “parade of the giants, Plaça Major and PlaçaCort.
- Enjoy some relaxing time soaking in the Spanish island atmosphere at an accessible beach.
- Enjoy a full day excursion from the port of Toulon to the charming village of Aix en Provence, the birthplace of the famous impressionist Paul Cézanne.
- Experience charming architecture, including impressive monuments, and embark on an enjoyable stroll in Vieil Aix, a pedestrian zone consisting of narrow streets in a labyrinth pattern.
Visit other Provence highlights including the 17th century Town Hall, the Archbishop’s Palace and St Sauveur Cathedral.
Optional Private Excursions or stay and relax on the ship (this tour is not included in cost)
- Visit the Renaissance city of Florence which is the current capital of Tuscany
- View the Ponte Vecchio, Michelangelo’s David, Florence’s Duomo cathedral, Piazza dellaSignoria, and more
- Learn about the banking of the Medici family, the start of the Renaissance, the early years of Michelangelo, the writing of Dante Alighieri and more
- Visit the ancient capital of the Roman Empire and the current capital of Italy
- View the Colosseum, the Vittorio Emmanuelle monument, the Sistine Chapel, and more
- Learn about the rise of the Roman Republic, the rule of the Roman Emperors, the work of the Renaissance masters like Michelangelo, the Vatican & the pope, and more
- Visit the famous archaeological site of Pompeii, the preserved building interiors at Herculaneum, and the largest city in southern Italy, Naples.
- View Piazza Garibaldi, the Royal Palace, Piazza Carlo III, Castle Nuovo, and more during your accessible driving tour in Naples.
- Learn about the catastrophic eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 C.E. the burial of Pompeii and other Roman cities, and the much later Kingdom of Naples
Pre-Cruise Accessible Barcelona Package (Optional)
- Includes 3 night accessible accommodation in a 4 star hotel, accessible airport transfer to your hotel, one accessible Barcelona driving tour, one accessible Barcelona walking tour and accessible transfer to the cruise port. Included is also a Sage Accessibility Guide for Barcelona to help you navigate this amazing city!
- During your 3 night pre-cruise stay in Barcelona you will see the enormous SagradaFamilia Cathedral, the famous Las Ramblas Boulevard, the Barcelona Cathedral, the Gothic Quarter and and many other highlights of this beautiful modernist city in Cataluña! There will also be plenty of free time to do some shopping or for an accessible beach visit!
Group Cruise Details
- Accessible cruise cabins include wide doors, grab bars, roll-in showers, and extra space to navigate a wheelchair or mobility scooter.
- Step-free routes planned for all tours. Nevertheless, sidewalk construction can occur, so a portable ramp will be brought to overcome any unexpected steps/curbs.
- We are only using our top tour guides on these shore excursions….guides that have proven to be incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, and familiar with accessibility in their city
- In case your equipment breaks down, we will bring an additional rental mobility scooter
- Days-at-Sea means time to rest and relax
The 10 Night Accessible Western Mediterranean Group Cruise Package includes:
- Accessible balcony or suite stateroom on the Freedom of the Seas
- Cruise fare, port charges, government taxes, and customs fees
- Meals onboard
- Meals onshore (lunch in accessible restaurants featuring local cuisine)
- Accessible transfer from the Barcelona airport to the cruise terminal
- Accessible transfer from the Barcelona cruise terminal to the airport
- Private, in-depth accessible shore excursions led by expert local guides utilizing accessible vans (including drivers, gasoline, and tolls)
- Skip the Line VIP access to tourist attractions
- Tour director responsible for the smooth running of your holiday (Sage Traveling employee who specializes in South Europe)
- Travel insurance (medical and trip cancellation)
*** We currently offer an early booking discount!***
The price of your 10 Night Accessible Western Mediterranean Group Cruise is $5639 per person if you book before the end of the year! (regular price is $6265).
Hurry up and book before this special discount is gone!
- Only 7 accessible balcony cabins are available. They will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Your spot is reserved by a $600 deposit per person (non-refundable). Contact us to reserve your spot.
|Not now, but send me Accessible Travel Tips|