We have received several phone calls and emails this week from clients concerned about the Coronavirus, particularly the new issued travel bans and how it will affect your travel plans. We are monitoring the situation closely, and we would like to address these concerns.
First and foremost, the Sage Traveling team is concerned about the safety and welfare of our clients. We are doing everything in our power to keep you safe and informed with the information that we have.
By now, you have probably heard of President Trump’s travel ban with the EU. This has caused widespread panic and confusion. We felt it would be great to clarify some of the crucial details:
- The travel ban only pertains to foreign nationals entering the United States. This ban does not apply to US citizens.
- According to the DHS, the restrictions will only affect most foreign nationals who have traveled through certain countries in the past 14 days. These countries are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- This ban does not include US citizens who have made airport connections through these countries on their journey home.
- Not all flights from Europe have been cancelled for the next 30 days. However, flights are going to be greatly reduced and there are only a few airports that you will be able to go to. Once at the airport, officials will check you over for signs of the Corona Virus where a possibility of being quarantined is strong.
- Corona Virus attacks everyone, but it is especially dangerous for the elderly and those with compromised autoimmune diseases. Precautions and knowledge is necessary in order to make the right choice for you and your family.
Due to the circumstances, Sage Traveling is offering a few new options regarding your trips. They read as follows:
- Option 1- We can leave all travel plans as they are.
- Option 2- We can reschedule your travel dates to a later date in 2020 with no additional service fees (only if you keep the itinerary the same). There might be additional or lower cost as the hotel pricing will be different than what we originally booked it for. There might also be a difference in price regarding transportation depending on the dates as some charge differently if the transfer is on a Sunday, local holiday or after hours. Please be aware, if you take this option, we will have to recalculate the currency conversion rates once all rescheduled bookings have been confirmed.
- Option 3- We can give you a credit of the full amount you have paid, for travel later this year or in 2021.
- Option 4- You can cancel your trip altogether and are subject to our cancellation policy.
The news isn’t all bad out there. By China’s last count over 36,000 people have been released from their hospitals cured of Covid-19! In Italy there has been a reported 1009 recovered and the numbers are rising daily! This is good news and we can expect to keep seeing an increase in success rates as awareness and preventative measures are taken.
Our team here at Sage Traveling are in constant contact with our suppliers over in Europe and will be more than willing to help you with any of your travel needs or concerns.