Wheelchair Accessible Tour of the Roman Forum and Colosseum

This Roman Forum and Colosseum accessible tour visits the two greatest remnants of Ancient Rome: the Colosseum towering overhead and the Roman Forum sunken below street level. The Colosseum is wheelchair friendly, and the Roman Forum, which has some obstacles, can also be visited in a wheelchair.

The views and the photo opportunities are some of the best in Rome, but to really understand what events led to their creation, their use, and their demise, you’ll need the explanation of a local expert. What are those holes in the walls of the Colosseum? Why do people leave flowers on that dirt mount in the Roman Forum? Why was that victory arch built? Learn everything you have ever wanted to know about Ancient Rome on this tour.

Tour Highlights

– Roman Forum
– Coliseum
– Temple of Antoninus and Faustina
– Arch of Titus
– Arch of Septimius Severus
– Basilica of Maxentius
– Roman Senate
– Temple of the Vestal Virgins
– Temple of Saturn
– Temple of the Divine Julius
– Arch of Constantine

Accessibility Description

This Rome accessible guided tour tackles some of the oldest ruins in Rome. The Colosseum has been completely modernized and has smooth flat pavement throughout it except for a small band of cobblestones shown on our Colosseum disabled access page. An elevator leads up to the second level of the Colosseum for a different viewpoint.

The Roman Forum and Colosseum accessible tour travels along the sidewalk connecting the Colosseum and Roman Forum which is flat and smooth. At the Roman Forum entrance, you will find an elevator that can take you down into the ruins. Once you get there, only about 20% of the grounds are wheelchair accessible. The other 80% have large gaps in the rocks and ancient stairs. A video of the accessibility challenges for this Roman Forum and Colosseum accessible tour is shown on our Roman Forum disabled access page.

* Important note:  Wheelchair accessible transportation is not included on this tour.  Private wheelchair accessible van pick-up at your hotel can be reserved in advance for 110 euro each way.

Tour Details

Tour duration: 3 hours
Cost: 295 euro for 1 to 2 people. 345 euro for 3 to 4 people. 410 euro for 5 to 6 people.
* 20 euro off if booked as part of an accessible Rome travel package
Days of the week the tour is offered:  Every day of the week
Meeting time: 10 am
Meeting place: The lobby of your accessible hotel in Rome or accessible entrance to the Roman Forum
Dress code: None
Number of people on tour: Up to 6 people
Entrance tickets: Free for one disabled person and one companion. Otherwise 14 euro per person.
Not included: Snacks/meals, gratuities, and transportation.

 

Contact us to reserve your accessible tour

Read more:

Rome Accessible Travel – main page
Pros and Cons of Rome Disabled Access
10 Wheelchair Accessible Travel Tips for Rome Italy
10 Keys to Success for Rome Disabled Travel
Getting Around Rome with a Disability
Wheelchair Access Review of the Vatican
Wheelchair Access Review of the Colosseum
Wheelchair Access Review of the Roman Forum
Civitavecchia Port Disabled Access Review
Civitavecchia Accessible Shore Excursions
Travel Insurance for Disabled Travelers
Rome Accessible Travel Packages
Accessible Walking and Driving Tours in Rome 
Wheelchair Accessible Vatican Tour
Ancient Rome Accessible Tour
Accessible Guided Tour in Rome City Center
Vatican Wheelchair Accessible Guided Tour – 5 Hours
Vatican Wheelchair Accessible Guided Tour – 3 Hours
Roman Forum and Colosseum Accessible Tour
Accessible Guided Walking Tour in Rome – 5 Hours
Wheelchair Accessible Walking Tour – Rome in a Day
Accessible Borghese Gallery Tour
Disabled Tour of the Capitoline Museums
Accessible Wine Tasting Tour in Rome
Disabled Rome Golf Cart Tour
Rome Wheelchair Accessible Van Tour – Full Day
Rome Handicapped Driving Tour – 5 Hours
Rome at Night Handicapped Driving Tour
Accessible Hotels in Rome
Rome Accessibility Guide by John Sage
Rome Trip Planning by Sage Traveling – Travel with Ease!
Accessible Cruising with Sage Traveling – Receive our Rome Accessibility Guide & Rome accessible hotel recommendations for free!

Contact us to reserve your accessible tour

Summary
Author Rating
1star1star1star1stargray
Aggregate Rating
4.5 based on 2 votes
Brand Name
Sage Traveling
Product Name
Roman Forum and Colosseum Accessible Tour
Price
EUR 295

Get our 100% Free Accessible Travel Advice Newsletter

  • Learn the secrets of how to travel in Europe with a disability
  • Receive a €50 Accessible Travel Coupon for signing up!
© 2015 Sage Traveling. All rights reserved.
Privacy | Security | Terms
Website design and development by Telezent