Highlights of Genoa Accessible Cruise Excursion
Enjoy the highlights of Genoa, Italy’s often forgotten gem, on this 8 hour accessible cruise excursion that incudes scenery, medieval architecture, and art!
Seeing Genoa with an experienced guide means you will be able to make the most of your day in this beautiful city that has so much to offer! See some of Genoa’s most impressive artwork “hidden” above the doors of several buildings around the city, have lunch in an authentic accessible Italian restaurant recommended by the local guide, take photos from a spectacular panoramic viewpoint, and much more on the Highlights of Genoa Accessible Cruise Excursion!
Your guide and driver will pick you up from the cruise terminal in a wheelchair accessible van to begin your accessible Genoa cruise excursion. Start by taking a panoramic drive along the Hillside Ring-Road and Castelletto esplanade which overlooks the old town. You will have the opportunity to get out and take photos from some spectacular viewpoints!
Some of Italy’s best preserved medieval architecture is right here in Genoa’s historical city centre! Just a few of the medieval sites you will see include the Genoa Cathedral, the Piazza San Matteo, Piazza Caricamento, and so much more! You will also visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Palazzi dei Rolli, as well as Piazza de Ferrari, and many others.
About midday, you will stop for lunch in an accessible authentic Italian restaurant (price not included) before continuing your accessible cruise excursion of Genoa. Finish the day by exploring the Old Port area of town, seeing the house of Christopher Columbus (who was born in Genoa), and taking more photos from other panoramic viewpoints around town before your guide and driver return you to the cruise terminal.
The Highlights of Genoa Accessible Cruise Excursion features:
- Convenient accessible van transportation with a wheelchair ramp
- 8 hour driving tour
- Lively commentary by an officially-certified, English-speaking tour guide
- Tour guide can push manual wheelchair users (depends on the total weight of the wheelchair plus wheelchair user)
- Pick-up and drop-off at any centrally-located hotel or at the cruise port
- Memorable sightseeing and great photo opportunities in Genoa!
If you would prefer a half day walking tour of Genoa, we recommend the Classic Genoa Accessible Walking Tour, which includes the highlights of Genoa in just 4 hours. Or, you’d rather see Genoa, Portofino, and Santa Margherita Ligurein a day, consider the full day, Best of Italian Riviera Accessible Driving Tour.
- Panoramic views on the Hillside Ring-Road
- Castelletto esplanade, overlooking the old town
- Historical city centre, with better preserved medieval architecture than Rome, Florence, or Venice
- PalazzideiRolli, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Piazza De Ferrari, the heart of modern Genoa
- Chiesa del Gesù (Church of Jesus)
- Palazzo Ducale
- Genoa Cathedral
- Piazza San Matteo
- The “carruggi” (narrow alleys) of the historical centre (one of the widest and well-preserved in Europe)
- Ornamental panels over the main mansion’s doorways
- Frescoed facades of many Renaissance palaces
- Piazza Banchi
- Piazza Caricamento and Sottoripa’smedieval porticoes, the oldest in Italy (dating 1125)
- Palazzo San Giorgio
- Lunch in an accessible, authentic Italian restaurant (price not included)
- The Old Port
- Piazza Dante, the House of C. Columbus and the first skyscraper build in Italy
- The ancient Genoa city walls and gates
- Carignano Hill, Basilica S. Maria Assunta (exterior); view over eastern modern Genoa
- Via XX Settembre, the central shopping street of the modern Genoa
- Piazza della Vittoria
- Corso Italia, the long coastal promenade
- Boccadasse, tiny seaside village
- Albaro Hill
The Highlights of Genoa Accessible Cruise Excursion has a 4 star Sage Accessibility Rating because it uses a wheelchair accessible van and follows a step-free route. It did not receive a higher rating because you will encounter mild to moderate cobblestones and the guides are unable to push a wheelchair.
The photos below show the wheelchair accessible van you will be using for the Highlights of Genoa Accessible Cruise Excursion.
Some of the best artwork in Genoa is found above the doorways of Renaissance homes in the old town. There is no map to find them so a local guide is necessary to find and explain them.
The route will use some of the flattest, smoothest streets in Genoa, like the one shown in the photo below
When possible, your guide will avoid the roughest cobblestones, like the ones shown below on the left. However, you will encounter mild to moderate cobblestones and paving stones like the ones shown below on the right.
If you can transfer to a seat in a normal vehicle and do not wish to use a wheelchair accessible van, you may be able to receive lower rates on this tour. Contact us for more information.
Tour duration: 8 hours
Cost: €910 or 1-2 people, €980 for 3-4 people €1050 for 5 persons.
* €50 off if booked as part of an accessible cruise & excursions package.
Days of the week the tour is offered: 7 days a week
Meet-up time: 9 am or when cruise ship arrives
Meet-up place: Genoa accessible hotel lobby or cruise dock
Dress code: Covered shoulders and knees for interior church visits
Maximum number of people on tour: 3 wheelchair user plus 1 other person, or up to 7 non wheelchair users
To review our cancellation policy please click: HERE. Tours run rain or shine.
Not included: Snacks/meals and gratuities.
|Not now, but send me Accessible Travel Tips|
Accessible Shore Excursions – Amsterdam, Argostoli, Athens, Barcelona, Bruges, Capri, Dubrovnik, Egypt (Alexandria & Port Said), Ephesus (Kusadasi & Izmir), French Riviera (Nice, Villefranche, & Monte Carlo), Genoa, Israel (Ashdod & Haifa), Istanbul, Katakolon (Olympia), Kotor (Montenegro), La Spezia & Livorno (Florence & Tuscany), Marseilles, Mykonos, Naples, Palma de Mallorca, Rome (Civitavecchia), Salerno, Santorini, Sicily (Catania, Messina, Palermo, & Taormina), Sorrento, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Toulon, Valencia, Venice
Europe Accessible Cruising Advice – main cruise page
Top 12 Accessible Mediterranean Cruise Itineraries
Best of Accessible Azamara Cruises
Best of Accessible Celebrity Cruises
Best of Accessible Crystal Cruises
Best of Accessible Disney Cruises
Best of Accessible Holland America Cruises
Best of Accessible Norwegian Cruises
Best of Accessible Princess Cruises
Best of Accessible Royal Caribbean Cruises
6 Benefits of Booking Your Cruise through Sage Traveling