Highlights of Valencia Accessible Cruise Excursion
This 3 hour accessible Valencia cruise excursion includes a private walking tour of the city and round-trip accessible transfers from the cruise terminal!
See all of the highlights of Valencia on a step-free route through the city that includes spectacular modern and ancient architecture, art, culture, and history.
Your guide and driver will pick you up from the cruise terminal in a wheelchair accessible van to begin your Highlights of Valencia Accessible Cruise Excursion. From there you will drive into the city where you can enjoy the baroque architecture of the Basilica of the Virgin of the Hunchbacks (inside visit), as well as the modern design of the City of Arts and Sciences (optional inside visit)!
You will also see where artwork was hidden for Madrid’s Prado Museum during WWII and learn why so many babies are named Vincent in Valencia.
If you’re interested in famous writers, you may enjoy seeing the hotel where Ernest Hemingway stayed during his 14 visits to Valencia. Or, if you’re more interested in ancient architecture, you will enjoy seeing Romanesque, Gothic, and Baroque gates into the Valencia Cathedral.
Your guide will also take you to the Central Market of Valencia where you can taste Horchata (traditional drink of Valencia) and other local specialties! At the end of your accessible cruise excursion of Valencia, you will have the option to stay longer in the city to spend some time shopping or exploring on your own, enjoy lunch in an accessible restaurant, or visit the City of Arts and Sciences before returning to the cruise terminal.
The Highlights of Valencia Accessible Cruise Excursion features:
- Convenient accessible van transportation with a wheelchair ramp
- 3 hour walking/rolling tour
- Lively commentary by an officially-certified, English-speaking tour guide
- Tour guide can help to push a manual wheelchair in som places (depends on the total weight of the wheelchair plus wheelchair user)
- Pick-up and drop-off at any centrally-located hotel or at the cruise port
- Memorable sightseeing and great photo opportunities in Valencia!
Contact us to Book Your Accessible Valencia Tour
If you are able to keep up with a group tour, a more affordable alternative is the Essential Valencia Accessible Guided Tour, which visits many of the same highlights as the private tour.
- Valencia Cathedral including Church Museum
- Holy Chalice of Valencia
- La Lonja de la Seda civic building (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- City walls and Torres de Serranos city gate
- Plaza of the Virgin, Plaza of the Queen, Plaza of the Alms, Plaza of the Archbishop, Plaza of the Patriarch, & Plaza of the Town Hall
- Plaza Redona aka “The Hole”
- Basilica of the Virgin of the Hunchbacks
- The Opus Dei Church of St. John of the Hospital (optional visit – single step to enter)
- Shopping street of Calle Paz
- Church of the two Saint John’s
- Palace of Baylia, home of the provincial Government
- Palace of Benicarlo, home of the Valencian Parliament
- Palace of Generalitat
- Palace of the Marquise of the Two Waters
- Valencia’s Golden Mile
- Valencia Ceramic Museum
- Valencia City Hall
- Valencia’s Bull Ring
- Valencia’s Central Market
- Option to add visit to Oceanographic Museum and/or Museum of the Figures (additional fee may be added)
The Highlights of Valencia Accessible Cruise Excursion has a 4 Star Sage Accessibility Rating because it follows a step-free route, it uses a wheelchair accessible van, and the guides are able to push a wheelchair if needed. It did not receive a higher rating because you may encounter minor cobblestones.
The Highlights of Valencia Accessible Cruise Excursion uses a van with wheelchair ramp (shown on the left) to pick you up at the cruise dock or your hotel. The tour minimizes routes over cobblestones (shown on the right).
Your guide will show you the wheelchair ramps and accessible entrances at the attractions you visit.
An optional visit to the Church of the St. Johns has a single step (shown in the photo on the left) followed by ramp leading to church entrance.The accessible tour route only includes one block of mild cobblestones (shown in the photo below on the right).
Your accessible Valencia cruise excursion visits all the highlights of Valencia including the Basilica of the Virgin of the Hunchbacks (shown on the left) and the Central Market (shown on the right).
You also have the option of visiting the City of Arts and Sciences, an iconic modern site in Valencia (additional fees may apply).
Tour duration: 3 hours
Cost: €493 for 1-2 people, €543 for 3-4 people, €593 for 5 people.
* €50 off if booked as part of an accessible cruise & excursions package.
Days of the week the tour is offered: 7 days a week
Meet-up time: 9 am or when cruise ship arrives
Meet-up place: Valencia accessible hotel lobby or cruise dock
Dress code: Covered shoulders and knees for interior church visits
Maximum number of people on tour: 1 wheelchair user plus 4 other people
Entrance tickets: Not included, but will be purchased for you and added to your total at €13 per person.
To review our cancellation policy, please click: HERE.
Not included: Entrance tickets, snacks/meals, and gratuities.
Contact us to Book Your Accessible Valencia Tour
Accessible Shore Excursions – Amsterdam, Argostoli, Athens, Barcelona, Bruges, Capri, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Egypt (Alexandria & Port Said), Ephesus (Kusadasi & Izmir), French Riviera (Nice, Villefranche, & Monte Carlo), Genoa, Israel (Ashdod & Haifa), Istanbul, Katakolon (Olympia), Kotor (Montenegro), La Spezia & Livorno (Florence & Tuscany), Marseilles, Mykonos, Naples, Palma de Mallorca, Rome (Civitavecchia), Salerno, Santorini, Sicily (Catania, Messina, Palermo, & Taormina), Sorrento, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Toulon, Valencia, Venice
Europe Accessible Cruising Advice – main cruise page
Top 12 Accessible Mediterranean Cruise Itineraries
Best of Accessible Azamara Cruises
Best of Accessible Celebrity Cruises
Best of Accessible Crystal Cruises
Best of Accessible Disney Cruises
Best of Accessible Holland America Cruises
Best of Accessible Norwegian Cruises
Best of Accessible Princess Cruises
Best of Accessible Royal Caribbean Cruises
6 Benefits of Booking Your Cruise through Sage Traveling