Michelangelo’s David & Accademia Accessible Guided Tour
This accessible guided tour of the Accademia Gallery includes a step-free route and access to Michelangelo’s David and countless other works of art!
This accessible Florence tour focuses solely on one of Michelangelo’s most celebrated works of art, David. Your knowledgeable guide is an expert on the artist and his artistic process. You will hear all kinds of interesting details and anecdotes that make this tour well worth your time, and will give you a new perspective on art throughout the rest of your time in Florence.
If you are interested in Michelangelo and Italian art in Florence, you will love the Michelangelo’s David & Accademia Accessible Guided Tour!
The Michelangelo’s David & Accademia Accessible Guided Tour features:
- Convenient accessible tour routes confirmed to be wheelchair accessible (no steps or curbs)
- 1.5 hour walking/rolling tour
- Lively commentary by an officially-certified, English-speaking tour guide
- Tour guide familiar with the needs of disabled travelers
- Memorable sightseeing and great photo opportunities in Florence!
If you would prefer a longer tour that also includes Michelangelo’s David, we recommend the Essential Florence Accessible Private Tour.
- Skip the line access to Michelangelo’s David
- Learn the history of how David was made
- See one of the most famous works of art in Florence!
The Michelangelo’s David & Accademia Accessible Guided Tour has a 4 Star Sage Accessibility Rating because it includes a step-free route. It did not receive a higher rating because it is a group tour.
There is a step at the entrance of the Accademia gallery (shown below on the left), but your guide will use the accessible entrance to the Accademia gallery just a few meters away, which is also the gallery exit (shown in the photo below on the right).
Tour duration: 1.5 hours
Cost: €325 for 1 or 2 people, €375 for 3 or 4 people, €425 for 5 or 6 people.
* €50 off if booked as part of an accessible cruise & excursions package.
* €20 off if booked as part of an accessible Florence travel package. (Note: if your package includes more than 3 tours total, discounts will be applied to maximum 3 of the tours).
Days of the week the tour is offered: Every day except Monday
Meet-up place: Meetup is in front of Accademia. If you would like for your guide to meet you at your central Florence hotel the cost is an additional €50.
Dress code: Covered shoulders and knees for interior church visits.
Entrance tickets: Included
To review our cancellation policy, please click: HERE. Tours run rain or shine.
Not included: Snacks/meals, gratuities, and transportation costs.
|Not now, but send me Accessible Travel Tips|
Florence Accessible Travel – main page
Pros and Cons of Florence Disabled Access
11 Florence Wheelchair Travel Tips
11 Keys to Success for Florence Disabled Travel
Accessible Guided Tours in Florence
Accessible Shore Excursions from Livorno & La Spezia
How to get from Livorno to Florence with a Disability
Tuscany Accessible Van Transfers
Florence Mobility Scooter Rentals
Best and Worst Aspects of Disabled Travel in Italy
Top 10 Experiences for Disabled Visitors to Italy
12 Wheelchair Travel Tips for Italy
Travel Insurance for Disabled Travelers
Florence Accessible Hotels
Florence Accessibility Guide by John Sage
Florence Trip Planning by Sage Traveling – Travel with Ease!