Pitti Palace Wheelchair Accessible Guided Tour
This 2 hour, step-free Pitti Palace accessible guided tour takes you inside “Palazzo Pitti” and the Palatine Gallery, home to over 500 Renaissance paintings. Your expert guide will navigate you through the vast interior (over 100,000 square feet) of Pitti Palace, which is the largest museum complex in Florence.
Your visit will focus on the Palatine Gallery, including the royal apartments, where the paintings are displayed as they would have been when they were part of the Medici family’s private collection. The Palatine Gallery also features beautiful, ornately designed frescoed walls and ceilings done in the 15th century to celebrate the Medici family lineage.
Enjoy viewing works done by Renaissance masters such as Raphael, Titian, Rubens, and Van Eyck, as you make your way through the halls of this beautifully preserved royal palace that has withstood the test of time.
The Pitti Palace Wheelchair Accessible Guided Tour is perfect for those looking for a shorter tour that includes the wonderful art, architecture, and rich history that Florence has to offer!
The Pitti Palace Wheelchair Accessible Guided Tour features:
- Convenient accessible tour routes confirmed to be wheelchair accessible (no steps or curbs)
- 2 hour walking/rolling tour
- Lively commentary by an officially-certified, English-speaking tour guide
- Tour guide can push manual wheelchair users (depends on the total weight of the wheelchair plus wheelchair user)
- Pick-up and drop-off at any centrally-located hotel
- Memorable sightseeing and great photo opportunities in Florence!
If you are looking for a tour that includes inside visits of both Pitti Palace and Palazzo Vecchio, then we recommend the Pitti Palace & Palazzo Vecchio Accessible Walking Tour.
- Pitti Palace
- The Palatine Gallery
- 15th century frescoes
- Over 500 Renaissance era paintings
- Works by Raphael, Titian, Rubens, Van Eyck, and more!
The Pitti Palace Wheelchair Accessible Guided Tour has a 5 Star Sage Accessibility Rating because it includes a step-free route and your guide can push a wheelchair.
The ticket window has step-free access. Some paving stones are found in the inner courtyard where the café and elevator are located.
The Pitti Palace is closed on Mondays.
Tour duration: 2 hours
Cost: €325 for 1 or 2 people, €375 for 3 or 4 people, €425 for 5 or 6 people
* €50 off if booked as part of an accessible cruise & excursions package.
* €20 off if booked as part of an accessible Florence travel package. (Note: if your package includes more than 3 tours total, discounts will be applied to maximum 3 of the tours).
Days of the week the tour is offered: 7 days a week
Meet-up time: 9 am or 1 pm
Meet-up place: Dress code: None
Maximum number of people on tour: wheelchair user plus 9 other people
Entrance tickets: Not included. 12
To review our cancellation policy, please click: HERE. Tours run rain or shine.
Not included: Entrance tickets, snacks/meals, gratuities, and transportation costs.
|Not now, but send me Accessible Travel Tips|
Florence Accessible Travel – main page
Pros and Cons of Florence Disabled Access
11 Florence Wheelchair Travel Tips
11 Keys to Success for Florence Disabled Travel
Accessible Guided Tours in Florence
Accessible Shore Excursions from Livorno & La Spezia
How to get from Livorno to Florence with a Disability
Tuscany Accessible Van Transfers
Florence Mobility Scooter Rentals
Best and Worst Aspects of Disabled Travel in Italy
Top 10 Experiences for Disabled Visitors to Italy
12 Wheelchair Travel Tips for Italy
Travel Insurance for Disabled Travelers
Florence Accessible Hotels
Florence Accessibility Guide by John Sage
Florence Trip Planning by Sage Traveling – Travel with Ease!